The Design: Ideas

Monday, July 31, 2006

Notes from last lesson:

Rather than writing everything, I'll just note the important stuff!

  • First page: index.html or .htm. All file names must be in lowercase. Less than 8 characters, no spacing, symbols, etc.

  • Image files: - JPEG / JPG, GIF & PNG (not often used)

  • Movies: .mov - quicktime, .avi, .mpeg & .swf (flash). most of these require software/browser plugins.

  • CSS: Cascading Style Sheets. Determines how your webpage looks.

  • Screen Resolution: 72 DPI is the internet standard, also 96 DPI available. Screen resolutions vary - most commonly used ones include 800 x 600 & 720 x 1024.

  • Recommended maximum size for each webpage: 150 kilobytes. x_x


  • Design Ideas:

    I'd like to base my overall website design on paper - because that's what words are primarily written on.

    - So backgrounds like refill paper, post it notes, etc.

    - I would like to arrange the navigation links and main body content/text in a noticeboard style layout. However noticeboards tend to look cluttered as notices are placed in an unorganised fashion. Website layouts should be organised & look neat so that visitors can browse/navigate the site easily. So, if I were do do a noticeboard, it would have to be a very tidy one.

    * Will add sketches later.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home