Words

Saturday, July 22, 2006

So I have decided I will do my website on "words" – more emphasis on written words, rather than spoken ones.

I will broaden the topic to include areas such as English & other various languages in order to create a reasonable amount of content for my website.

I will also include topics such as story/ play writing & poetry as well as a modern view on words in everyday life – use of clichés, jokes, puns (play on words), text language, Oxymorons, Tongue Twisters, Tom Swifties & Palindromes!

As this sounds like a fairly mundane topic, I hope to include some fun interactive material for my site. Things such as word finds, puzzles, and other quizzes on words (spelling for example.) would add a little fun.


Contents: (NOT FINAL!)

Introduction to Words & Languages:
  • First written language(s)

  • How many languages in the word today

  • Style of writing in different languages/ alphabet characters.


  • English Language:
  • Origins of English

  • First English alphabet

  • First English words, sentences, etc.

  • First stories, poetry, etc.

  • Developments over time


  • Fun Words/ Facts:
  • Did you know?

  • Oxymorons

  • Tongue Twisters

  • Tom Swifties

  • Palindromes

  • Txt wrds


  • Quizzes & Puzzles:
  • Wordfind

  • Spelling Quiz
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home